Channel conversion: it means a shift of a program from current channel to any chosen one. The idea of that operation is to avoid possible interferences between active terrestrial TV transmitters and the cable signals, because the shielding parameters of any real network are always limited. The next advantage of conversion is better utilization of lower range of TV channels, the only available in some older networks (e.g. VHF and some cable and / or UHF IV channels).
Using satellite signals, the application of channel converters makes easier to plan the set of transmission channels and avoid collisions, when distributing programs from different satellites and polarizations within one-cable network, without use of multiswitches. The channel converter is adjusted for a given channel parameters by the producer: making an order it is essential to give the numbers of the input and output channels.
The converters are tuned to a desired channel by the manufacturer - the order has to specify the input and output channel. The converters should be powered from AS-102 R90500
power supply and mounted in ZP-004 R905514
NOTICE! Every channel converter should cooperate with ZG channel amplifier (for the output channel). The amplifier removes spurious signals and provides optimum signal level.
There are available the following kinds of frames:
- ZP-004 R905514 - for 12 ZG channel amplifiers or CO converters (and power supply),
- SP-226 R912130 - for 12 ZG channel amplifiers or CO converters (and power supply),
- MR-010 R912037 - to be installed in 19" rack: for 9 ZG channel amplifiers or CO converters (and power supply).
A head station should include:
- CO-405 R905079 - number of the converters depends on the number of UHF channels to be converted,
- CO-705 R905080 - number of the converters depends on the number of VHF channels to be converted,
- ZG-401 R90517 - number of the amplifiers depends on the number of UHF channels used,
- ZG-601 R90538 - number of the amplifiers depends on the number of VHF channels used,
- ZG-201 R90512 - 1pc,
- AS-102 R90500 - 1pc for 12 ZG amplifiers or CO converters,
- RM-075 R90504 - 2pcs,
- frame/s - see above.
| Input frequency range [MHz]|
Full TV band
| Output frequency range [MHz]|
Input level [dBuV]
Output level [dBuV]
Noise figure [dB]
Spurious in-band signal [dB]
Type of connectors & diam. [mm]
|Working temperature [°C]|
-10 to +65
Available channels - white and gray fields - conversion possible.
Prohibited channels - black fields - conversion impossible.