Engagingly about Antennas - 15th DIPOL's Summer Holiday Contest 2016
The rules of the Contest
- 1) The 15th DIPOL's Summer Holiday Contest (the Contest) is organized by DIPOL company (details), hereafter the Organizer.
- 2) The Entrant (Participant) is every person who submits a photo/picture (the Work) to the given email address.
- 3) By submitting the Work to the Contest, the Participant accepts all the rules and confirms the authenticity of his/her personal data.
- 4) The Participant declares that he/she:
- a) took the uploaded photo(s) on his/her own or is the owner of the copyright;
- b) has permission of the photographed people for publication of the photo(s) in any form and in any media, and assumes full responsibility for any claims of a portrayed person or his/her representatives that might be made against the Organizer of the Contest. In the case of copyright infringement, it is the sole responsibility of the Participant;
- c) consents to the processing of his/her personal data by the Organizer;
- d) permits the Organizer to use the pictures without payment, in any form and at any time, in order to promote the Contest and DIPOL company;
- e) allows basic processing of the Work, i.e. changing the size and/or cropping any picture, in order to place it on different websites to promote the Contest.
II) Participation in the Contest
- Any picture must be in .jpg, .png, or .tiff format, min. size 1600 x 1200 pixels.
- The Organizer accepts ONLY PICTURES WITH AN ANTENNA. The "ANTENNA" term means here any "electrical device which converts electric power into radio waves, and vice versa" (Wikipedia). So, this definition is not fulfilled e.g. by high-voltage transmission towers, the antennae of insects etc. Works that do not fulfill this requirement will not be accepted. The antenna(s) (antenna/aerial, satellite antenna/dish etc.) in the picture must be visible, i.e distinguishable from the environment (the background or foreground of the picture).
- The photos taken for the contest can be modified as follows: change of the contrast and saturation (any changes in levels and curves), cropping, scaling, sharpening, blurring and applying artistic filters.
- The Works may not contain graphics or text added in post-production or elements from other images. The exception are collages.
- Photos/reproductions of other photographs/pictures will not be accepted.
- It is not permitted to upload photos with pornographic, obscene, racist, or any abusive content. Such pictures will not be presented or taking part in the Contest.
- Pictures that were sent to the previous editions of the Contest will not be accepted.
- The Works can be sent only by email, in the formats listed above. The Organizer will not open any links to hosting services etc.
- The Works can be submitted from June 1, 2016 to September 29, 2016. Outside this period they will not be accepted.
1) The Contest is open to the general public.
2) Participation is free of charge.
3) Participation is voluntary.
4) Each Participant may submit a maximum of 3 pictures.
5) Technical requirements of the Organizer:
6) The Works should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: "DIPOL Photo Contest", Body: Title(s) of the Work(s), Name & Surname of the Author, An optional comment on the picture/s.
7) The pictures sent to the Contest by each Participant cannot be substituted by any "new" pictures of the Participant (as mentioned, each Participant can send up to three photos, any additional ones will not be accepted).
8) The results of the Contest will be announced in DIPOL Weekly Review on October 17, 2016. The winners will also be notified by emails.
9) The Organizer reserves the right to reject any submitted Work(s) without giving a reason.
1) There will be 3 main prizes, and additional distinctions. The main prizes will be awarded by photographer and designer from Krakow, Mr. Pawel Zechenter.
2) The distinctions - DIPOL mugs - will be awarded by our Marketing Department.
3) The Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal value in the case of an event independent from the Organizer, in particular if any prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability.
IV) Final provisions
1) The Contest is not betting or gambling.
2) The final and ultimate interpretation of these regulations is made by the Organizer.
3) The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook (a complete release of Facebook by each Participant).
4) The rules come into force on the date of the commencement of the Contest, i.e. June 1, 2016.
LIBRARY NEW TITLES
TO KNOW MORE
ULTIPOWER Ethernet industrial switches enable data transmission at rates of 10/100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps. Their RJ45 ports support auto-negotiation and Power over Ethernet... more »
The article introduces concepts of implementing integrated telecommunications and RF distribution systems in multifamily buildings, which are compliant with new... more »