TV & SAT TV
Home antenna system (terrestrial and satellite), LAN/WAN and CCTV monitoring
This small but multi-purpose installation uses a number of devices that provide the following functions:
- reception of terrestrial FM and TV programs,
- reception of satellite broadcasts from 2 satellites, via 8 outlets,
- CCTV monitoring with 4 analog cameras cooperating with DVR,
- home LAN/WLAN network connected wirelessly to the Internet, for use with desktop PCs, laptops, tablets.
Home antenna system integrated with LAN/WLAN and CCTV
The terrestrial antennas should be chosen according to local reception conditions. Some specific examples are presented in the article Selection of Terrestrial TV Antennas.
The CCTV system employs two indoor ( M10737) and two outdoor ( M11284) cameras. They ensure monitoring of the areas in front of the building (entrance gate, driveway), behind the building (rear entrance, garden), and inside the building (entrances to the staircase and living room). Such positioning provides possibility of monitoring and recording any events around the property as well as in sensitive places in the building (in case of burglary etc).
The home LAN/WLAN is wirelessly connected to the Internet via the N2942 access point cooperating with the A712427 outdoor antenna. Connection of multiple computers (including laptops etc.) with the use of one external IP address is possible thanks to the router with integrated access point ( N3253). The system enables the users to connect other network devices: print-server, NAS, TV with DLNA function etc.
The integration of the system consists in:
- using the TVs to watch images from the CCTV cameras
- using the computers to:
- view images from the cameras,
- play back CCTV recordings,
- independently archive CCTV material,
- manage the whole system,
- view the material recorded due to various events (recordings triggered by alarms, e.g. door opening sensor, motion detection, etc.),
- providing access to the CCTV images over the Internet (for authorized users).
In the Home (10)
SMATV Systems (9)
Some Theory (14)
LIBRARY NEW TITLES
TO KNOW MORE
ULTIPOWER Ethernet industrial switches enable data transmission at rates of 10/100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps. Their RJ45 ports support auto-negotiation and Power over Ethernet... more »
The article introduces concepts of implementing integrated telecommunications and RF distribution systems in multifamily buildings, which are compliant with new... more »