Hikvision DS-2CD1623G0-IZ camera is dedicated for professional IP CCTV systems. The compact camera has been equipped with high quality 2 MP 1/2.8" CMOS sensor providing good video coverage even in low-light conditions. Along with IR illuminator made in EXIR 2.0 technology, with range up to 30 m, the camera can also operate in complete darkness. The built-in 2.8-12 mm Motozoom lens allows for remote adjustment of the viewing angle within 98° to 34° range. The IP67-rated housing of the camera protects the electronics against adverse weather conditions. The camera can be powered conventionally with a 12 VDC source or with the use of PoE option (802.3af).
NOTE! Current software version is available
- Resolution: 2 MP (1920 x 1080)
- 2.8-12 mm / 98°- 34° Motozoom lens
- H265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264/MJPEG video compression
- 3D-DNR, DWDR, BLC video processing functions
- IR illuminator with range up to 30 m (EXIR 2.0)
- Support for microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC cards up to 128 GB
- Access via Hik-Connect app
- Region of interest (ROI)
- ANR function
- Mechanically switching IR filter
- IP67 rating
- Power: 12 VDC or PoE (802.3af)
The camera belongs to a new EasyIP Lite series characterized by high performance and affordable price. The series supports motion detection and video tampering detection. The cameras from the series also provide corridor mode and possibility of defining one Region of Interest (ROI).
H.265+/H.265 video compression
H.265+/H.265 - higher compression rate with preservation of the image quality of H.264
The camera implements several video compression methods, H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264, MJPEG. Compared with H.264, H.265 can reduce by half the data stream, which translates into proportional savings of the disk space or into extended data retention time. H.265+ and H.264+ are Hikvision standards based on the original systems and optimized for CCTV applications. They further minimize the streams in typical video surveillance scenarios. With the advanced video compression algorithms, the camera can be used in IP CCTV systems based on modern NVRs implementing H.265 standard (the DS-76/77/96NI-I/K series supports H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264). Of course, the camera can also operate with older models supporting H.264 (the DS-76/77NI-E series supports H.264+, H.264).
Convenient client applications
The iVMS 4200 client software enables users of HIKVISION devices to manage them in IP networks. The software allows for configuration and management of NVRs/DVRs, IP and analog cameras (in hybrid systems). The iVMS 4200 utility can remotely manage up to 256 devices, with the use of up to 4 monitors. One monitor can display up images from up to 64 cameras. Aside from system configuration and live monitoring, the utility can be used for remote playback, notifying, two-way audio transmission, creating multi-level e-maps.
View of the control panel of the iVMS-4200 application
is a mobile application, intended for smartphones running Android or iOS operating systems. It can be used for remote live viewing of images from DVRs, NVRs, network cameras via Wi-Fi, 2G or 3G networks, and for playing back recorded video files. The application connects with the devices by IP addresses and/or through the P2P cloud.
The start screen of the Hik-Connect app with live view thumbnail
The live view screen
Hik-connect is also a network service for Hikvison devices. The service is based on data processing in the cloud and integrates the following functions:
- Remote access through the cloud - it allows access to the device without having an external IP address and when simplicity is the most important thing. Only the basic configuration of the network is required. The application on a PC or smartphone connects with the device via P2P cloud service,
- DDNS server - DDNS assigns a fixed domain name to dynamically changing IP addresses (Dynamic DNS). This feature is useful when the ISP does not provide users with a fixed IP address. The condition for using DDNS is having a public IP address and providing access from the external network to the appropriate ports of the NVR (server and http, by default 8000 and 80). The connection is possible via a web browser, client application on a PC and on smartphones.
IR illuminator in EXIR 2.0 technology
The built-in powerful IR illuminator has a range of up to 30 m. The illuminator based on the EXIR 2.0 light-emitting technology has ca. 30% higher efficiency compared with traditional IR LED arrays. Additionally, the IR light in the form of a rectangle fits the camera's field of view. This further improves the efficiency of the lighting and eliminates the excessive light intensity in the central part of the scene, typical for majority of IR illuminators. Exir 2.0 illuminators ensure much better luminance uniformity, including corners of the scene, at the same time reducing light pollution in the surrounding environment. Compared with the previous version, EXIR 2.0 illuminators feature longer service life thanks to optimized heat dissipation, up to 20,000 hours.
LAN tool for organizing Hikvision IP CCTV systems
(Search Active Device Protocol) is a free and simple to use utility for searching Hikvision IP cameras and Hikvision
DVRs/NVRs in the local network. The network device search tool can also be used for modification of network parameters of the Hikvision devices, including the change of passwords or recovery of default passwords. Detailed information on the software and its use is contained in the SADP application - LAN tool for organizing CCTV systems based on Hikvision devices