2.2. Return policy.
Customers have the right to return products purchased from DIPOL as a shipment within 14 days from the date of delivery, without giving any reason (it applies only to individuals, not applicable to companies and other organizations).
Customers have the right to unpack purchased items and check whether they meet their expectations.
We will accept returns from individuals provided that the goods have no signs of use resulting from exceeding the right of the customers described in section 2.2.2., they are put back in their original, undamaged packagings and additionally packed.
2.2.4.The returned goods shall be sent to us at the Customer's expense, with the copy of the receipt or invoice, warranty card (if it has been issued), and with Consumer's withdrawal from the sales contract (the CONSUMER WITHDRAWAL FORM is available here)
, along with the information whether the refund should be done by offsetting the value of the goods against next processed order or by transfer to a specified bank account.
The returned goods have to be carefully packed in order to protect them against breakage during transport. The package should contain detailed description of the products: codes (from the sales document), full names, numbers of pieces, and the return address. The parcel definitely has to be marked with "RETURN
" notice .
The right to withdraw from the agreement does not apply in the following cases:
1) service contracts, if the store owner informs the customer that after starting services there is no right to withdraw from the contract;
2) in which the price or remuneration depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the owner of the store does not have any control and which may occur before the deadline to withdraw from the agreement;
3) in which the sold item has been manufactured or prepared according to specifications of the customer (made to order);
4) products with short expiry dates;
5) when the products are delivered in sealed packages that after opening cannot be returned due to health or hygiene reasons - if the packages have been opened;
6) when the products, due to their nature, have been inseparably connected with other things;
7) video/audio recordings and computer software delivered in sealed packages/containers - if the container was opened after delivery;
8) newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription agreements;
9) public auctions;
10) contracts for the supply of digital content that is not stored on a tangible medium, if the service has begun with the express consent of the consumer prior to the deadline to withdraw from the contract and after the consumer has been informed by the store owner about the loss of the right of withdrawal.