Ethernet media converter ULTIMODE M-023M allows to change electrical signals (Ethernet data signal) coming via typical STP/UTP cable into modulated light signal transmitted via multimode fiber cable.
ULTIMODE M-023M is reliable media converter enabling the transmission of Fast Ethernet data signal in two multimode optical fibers at distances up to 2 km. The media converter has two SC connectors used to transmit (Tx) or receive (Rx) the signal. Optical signal is transmitted and received in the second transmission window of 1310 nm.
ULTIMODE devices have MDI/MDIX auto detection feature and automatically find and set the fastest connection speed and mode. "Store and forward" mechanism allows to verify the received data using checksum function.
ULTIMODE media converters are fully compatible with IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u standards. Their installation is very simple thanks to "Plug and Play" feature. The LED indicators show current operating status. Durable laser diode with Fabry-Perot resonator ensures the mean-time-between-failure (MTBF) at least of 100000 hours (more than 11 years).
When a ULTIMODE device does not cooperate with a switch coming from another manufacturer (e.g. TP-Link), the Duplex parameter of the optical port in the incompatible device should be set to AUTO.
- 1 x Ethernet port 10/100 Mbps (RJ-45)
- maximum transmission distance - 2 km
- transmission via two multimode fibers
- LED indicators showing operating status
- easy installation (plug and play)
- power supply included
NOTICE!! It is not allowed to look directly at the fiber port when the device is plugged. The radiation invisible for the human eye can damage the retina!
Why to choose fiber optics:
- possibility of sending signal over long distances (low attenuation of optical fibers - e.g. for the wavelength of 1550 nm the attenuation is about 0.2 dB per kilometer, which means that the signal can be sent at a distance of 200 km - without regeneration)
- high-volume information transfer via single fiber
- resistance to electromagnetic interference
- resistance to weather conditions (humidity, electrostatic discharges and others)
- no tapping possibility
- low weight and small dimensions
ULTIMODE media converters are widely used for the transmission of Ethernet signals over long distances and in areas exposed to harsh weather conditions. Optical fibers provide full electrical insulation and resistance to electromagnetic interference. Media converters are primarily used to connect building LANs (e.g. of scattered buildings of one corporation). Below there is a sample application of ULTIMODE converters.
Example application of ULTIMODE media converter
The devices are designed for indoor operation. The ULTIMODE series includes a number of types:
- with two single-mode fibers - transmission up to 40km - M-403M L11041
- with one single-mode (WDM) fiber - transmission up to 20km - M-207M L11521, M-207G L11525 and transmission up to 40km - M-407M L11541