Hikvision DS-2CD2955FWD-IS is a modern IP camera equipped with fisheye lens allowing video monitoring within 180 degree range. Thanks to a high quality image sensor with 5 MP resolution (2560 x 1920 pixels) and the ability to cover a large area, the camera is ideal for video surveillance in departure lounges, shopping malls, superstores, supermarkets, offices, hotel venues, restaurants, etc. The built-in IR illuminator with range up to 8 m allows for effective monitoring even in complete darkness.
NOTE! Current software version is available
With multiple displaying modes, e.g. fisheye, panorama, PTZ, and alarm options such as motion detection, line crossing detection, intrusion detection, the camera can fully protect the whole room.
The camera has also alarm input and output, as well as audio path allowing for acoustic monitoring and/or voice communication between the camera spot and the monitoring center. H.265(+) video compression ensures effective use of the available network bandwidth and storage media. The camera can be powered from a 12 VDC source or using PoE (802.3af standard).
Mounting options and display modes:
- mounting on a: ceiling, wall, flat surface
- display modes: fisheye, panorama (180°), panoramic view (360°), panoramic view (360°) + 1 / 3 / 6 / 8 PTZ, 2 / 4 PTZ, fisheye + 3 / 8 PTZ.
- video resolution: 5 MP (2560 x 1440)
- 1.05 mm / 180° lens
- IR illuminator range up to 8 m
- alarm events: motion detection, video tampering/loss, external alarm (input, audio exception), virtual line crossing, intrusion detection
- 3 mounting options, 11 video display modes
- H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264/MJPEG video compression options
- video enhancement: 3D-DNR, WDR, BLC, Defog
- built-in microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card slot (for cards up to 128 GB)
- support for two streams
- regions of interest (ROI)
- access via Hik-Connect
- audio IN/OUT, alarm IN/OUT
- 12 VDC or PoE (802.3af) power supply options
H.265+/H.265 video compression
H.265+/H.265 – higher compression rate with preservation of the image quality of H.264
The camera implements several video compression methods, H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264, MJPEG. Compared with H.264, H.265 can reduce by half the data stream, which translates into proportional savings of the disk space or into extended data retention time. H.265+ and H.264+ are Hikvision standards based on the original systems and optimized for CCTV applications. They further minimize the streams in typical video surveillance scenarios. With the advanced video compression algorithms, the camera can be used in IP CCTV systems based on modern NVRs implementing H.265 standard (the DS-76/77/96NI-I/K series supports H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264). Of course, the camera can also operate with older models supporting H.264 (the DS-76/77NI-E series supports H.264+, H.264).
Continuity of recording thanks to ANR function
With the support of ANR (Automatic Network Replenishment), each the IP camera equipped with a memory card can record video in the absence of network connection. After the restoration of the network connection, the recordings are automatically synchronized with those recorded on the NVR. This ensures continuous coverage of events, even in the case of communication problems between the camera and NVR.
The iVMS 4200 client software enables users of HIKVISION devices to manage them in IP networks. The software allows for configuration and management of NVRs/DVRs, IP and analog cameras (in hybrid systems). The iVMS 4200 utility can remotely manage up to 256 devices, with the use of up to 4 monitors. One monitor can display up images from up to 64 cameras. Aside from system configuration and live monitoring, the utility can be used for remote playback, notifying, two-way audio transmission, creating multi-level e-maps.
View of the control panel of the iVMS-4200 application
is a mobile application, intended for smartphones running Android or iOS operating systems. It can be used for remote live viewing of images from DVRs, NVRs, network cameras via Wi-Fi, 2G or 3G networks, and for playing back recorded video files. The application connects with the devices by IP addresses and/or through the P2P cloud.
The start menu of the Hik-Connect app
with live view thumbnail
The live view screen
is also a network service for Hikvison devices. The service is based on data processing in the cloud and integrates the following functions:
- Remote access through the cloud - it allows access to the device without having an external IP address and when simplicity is the most important thing. Only the basic configuration of the network is required. The application on a PC or smartphone connects with the device via P2P cloud service;
- DDNS server - DDNS assigns a fixed domain name to dynamically changing IP addresses (Dynamic DNS). This feature is useful when the ISP does not provide users with a fixed IP address. The condition for using DDNS is having a public IP address and providing access from the external network to the appropriate ports of the NVR (server and http, by default 8000 and 80). The connection is possible via a web browser, client application on a PC and on smartphones.
LAN tool for organizing Hikvision IP CCTV systems
(Search Active Device Protocol) is a free and simple to use utility for searching Hikvision IP cameras and Hikvision
DVRs/NVRs in the local network. The network device search tool can also be used for modification of network parameters of the Hikvision devices, including the change of passwords or recovery of default passwords. Detailed information on the software and its use is contained in the SADP application - LAN tool for organizing CCTV systems based on Hikvision devices