Self-amalgamating tape E9751
made by SCAPA
is based on PIB (Polyisobutylene) rubber. It is a versatile material for waterproofing, corrosion protection, jointing and repair of cables - used indoors and outdoors. Product properties and correct application ensure waterproof connections (for fresh and sea water) in a wide range of temperatures.
This self-amalgamating tape provides basic protection of connections in power distribution systems, telecommunications, RF installations - especially outdoors, e.g.:
- Connections of coaxial cables (F-connectors)
- Connections of CCTV cables (BNC and F connectors)
- Connections of UTP/FTP cables
- Connections of coaxial cables in WLAN devices (N, SMA, SMA/RP and other connectors)
- Connections of coaxial cables from WLAN devices to external antennas or access points (N, SMA/RP connectors)
- The tape amalgamates rapidly when applied under tension;
- Wide operating temperature range: -40 ... +90 oC;
- Compatibility with a wide range of rubber and plastic dielectric cable insulation (e.g. PE, PVC, butyl, neoprene);
- High resistance to prolonged immersion in water and excellent resistance to ozone;
- The tape can be removed cleanly from most surfaces - ideal for temporary repairs;
- The tape is interleaved with a disposable plastic liner.
It is non-adhesive tape - the sealing effect is maintained due to self-amalgamating between the layers of the tape. The surface for applying has to be dry, dust- and grease-free. Installation temperature has to be above 0oC (the higher temperature the shorter time needed for self-amalgamating - at 20oC it takes about 24 hours). The final wrapping is void-free and homogeneous, tightly bound to the surface. It cannot be unwrapped - the only way of removing the tape is longitudinal incision. The tape does not react with the substrate nor does it leave marks on it.
- Protection of cable connections;
- Protection of cable terminals - indoors and outdoors;
- Additional insulation and waterproofing of cables and electrical components;
- Corrosion protection of metal pipework;
- Wrapping-up tool handles for insulating and improving convenience;
- Replacement of old, broken or insufficient insulation layers.
The surface for applying has to be clean and dry (no dust, grease, oil, or petroleum-type solvent).
Application method: wrap the tape (without plastic liner) around the object, stretching it to the point that its width reduces to about 2/3, and make 50% overlap. It guaranties tight adhesion of the tape to the object and between its layers. Proper stretching is very important for the self-amalgamating process. The full process takes about 24 hours at 20oC and can be reduced to several hours at higher temperatures.
The item is sold in rolls that should be stored in the original packaging. The storage life of individually shrink-wrapped roll is at least one year (between +10oC and +30oC).